TIPS TO AVOID BRUISING WHEN HAVING COSMETIC INJECTIONS
Even the very best injectors can give a patient a bruise or temporary bumps when treating them with cosmetic injectables. Your pre-treatment and post-treatment actions will have a big effect on your results.
Dr. Hamilton has some useful tips that can help you avoid any unnecessary bruising.
Medications to discontinue 4 days before treatment.
Some of these listed medications may be needed for medical reasons – please check with your doctor first before discontinuing. The reason to stop taking certain products is that they make your blood less likely to clot which can cause bruising. If you are on prescribed medication eg; Warfarin please stay on it.
If you need pain medication, paracetamol is fine to use.
Take Arnica tablets 4 days prior to your procedure. Don’t take if you have high blood pressure or heart problems.
Stop drinking alcohol 2 days prior to injections.
- Aspirin & Ibuprofen for 2 days before. (Paracetamol is fine.)
- Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamins B-6 and B-12 and Vitamin E
- Folic acid
- Serums with high concentration Vitamin C for 4 days before injections.
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Green tea
If you have ever suffered from cold sores around your mouth or near the injection site please inform Dr. Hamilton before your treatment.
- Apply Arnica Gel regularly for 3-4 days post injections. Common injection-related reactions can occur, such as swelling, bruising, redness, tenderness and itching. The intensity and duration of these effects will depend on your individual healing characteristics, but symptoms can last for 1-2 weeks.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours after treatment.
- Sleep on slightly inclined or raised pillows for the first night. If having cheeks or your nose fillers, avoid placing heavy/ large lens glasses on the injection site to prevent indentation of the filler.
- No excessive exercise for 24 hours after treatment.
- No inversions in yoga or hot yoga for 48 hours.
- Avoid excessive sun or heat until any initial swelling and redness have resolved.
If you experience any swelling, apply a cold pack to the treatment area for 5-10 minutes every hour.
Botox Injections: Routinely, there is no swelling with Botox injections.
HA Filler injections: Peri Oral (Smoker Lines), Naso Labial and Marionette Lines may appear a little swollen on the morning following treatment. This routinely subsides after a few hours.There be very slight swelling with Cheek Fillers.
Lip Fillers injections – You will appear swollen on the morning following treatment which can last 5-7 days. This is totally normal and can reduced by the application of ice (NOT directly onto the skin) for 5- 10 minutes at 60 minute intervals.
Botox Injections: Routinely, there is no down time with Botox injections.
HA Filler injections: Allow a down time of 1-2 days. If you bruise easily, you will need to allow for 1 week to fully heal. Most bruises can be covered fairly well with concealer but not all.
Lip Fillers Injections: Best to avoid planning any important work or social events for 3-5 days after treatments. It may take up to 2 weeks for you to become accustomed to the fullness of your new lips.
Click on the link to learn more: Dr Mark Hamilton FAQ
To Book a treatment with Dr. Mark Hamilton Email firstname.lastname@example.org